Liturgy Administrative Assistant
More than a career, it’s a calling.
We believe the heart of the whole Church is the local parish church. We believe that serving in the parish is a calling, not just a career. We believe in creating an environment for motivated men and women to join their talents with a commitment to the greatest work of all: growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
Work hard. Enjoy Results. Have Fun.
We’re looking for team members who are hungry, humble, and smart. Hungry to learn and grow, humble enough to pursue new ideas and fresh approaches, and, well, just plain smart. Our environment is low-key and casual, but we’re after results. Oh, and we have a lot of fun in the process.
Many Gifts. One Spirit.
Our growing staff comes with many different gifts and talents. They have to because there are so many different things to do. School ministry, youth ministry, missions, adult faith formation, finances, administration, technology, communications, and the list goes on. But we work together as a team, focused in our various roles, on our great goals. Working at SJV is an impactful experience where you can make a real difference.
Specific Responsibilities of the Liturgy Administrative Assistant:
1) Work with liturgy staff to assist with creating, printing, and storing worship aids.
a) Sunday Worship Aids (digital or printed as needed)
b) Daily Worship Aids
c) Funeral Worship Aids
d) Special Occasion Worship Aids
e) Wedding Worship Aids
2) Assist with necessary details in preparation for liturgical seasons and sacraments (presider books, cantor sheets, minister rehearsal notes, etc.) Intense periods include Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter.
3) Assist with the recruitment and training of Altar Servers, Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist, Lectors, Media Ministers, Hospitality Ministers, and Sacristans.
4)Trained and able to Sacristan for liturgies as needed.
5) Work with music and liturgy staff for the appropriate use and reporting of music used at SJV.
6) Work with Liturgy staff to ensure inventory of liturgical supplies is appropriately ordered, stored, and counted.
7) Print, manage, and bring weekly liturgical materials to Sacristy.
8) To be present where needed, ready to work as needed to meet responsibilities, and on time for all scheduled hours. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, seeking approval to put in more time if needed, and satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner.
1) Reports to Director of Liturgy, Communications, and the Sunday Experience
2) Collaborates with Director of Music, Daily Musicians, Associate Pastor, and Pastor
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Be an active, participating Catholic and demonstrate understanding and acceptance of Catholic doctrine.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in practices of the Catholic Church, Roman Catholic Liturgy, traditions, and rituals.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to work without supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to change priorities positively and efficiently, as needed, and complete tasks within reasonable timeframes.
- Demonstrates ability to read music and understand basic music principals.
- Pass required background check.
- When working with children, must have completed All God’s Children training as outlined by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- Be active and supportive of Catholic Church teachings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in inventory management.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and honest.
- Must be proficient in email/internet and computer hardware and software.
- Lift, carry and move 40 pounds occasionally during the day, which may include lifting and carrying supplies.
- Stand, step-up/step-down and sit for periods of time on both even and uneven surfaces.
- Perform job in all indoor temperatures and conditions.
- Have strength to push/pull carts of supplies of up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Must have physical capability to reach, bend, kneel, squat, stoop and stretch during the day.
- Must have normal dexterity to operate computer keyboards, telephones, standard office equipment and writing instruments.
- Have good motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Have normal correctable hearing & normal correctable vision.
Hourly; Competitive pay.
Employment Type; Part Time
All applications will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality and with the greatest respect. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (with all appropriate dates and details), confidentially to Angela Bravata, Dept. Director of Liturgy, Communications, and the Sunday Experience, St. John Vianney, 1755 N Calhoun Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005