- Plans and executes refreshments and meals for parish events as scheduled throughout the year.
- Works in collaboration with staff, volunteers, and members
- Oversees Sunday morning hospitality after the 9:00 Mass in the narthex.
- Purchases kitchen supplies and equipment as needed with permission of DAS and maintains inventory of kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Orders beverages, condiments, and other products from wholesaler under DAS supervision in each order.
- Stores foods in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage. Checks food items in refrigerators, freezers, and cupboards to ensure freshness. Utilizes food surpluses and disposes of leftovers.
- Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils to ensure sanitary standards are met weekly. Performs weekly cleaning along with the parish center/church maintenance staff to ensure all major pieces of equipment are cleaned regularly.
- Attends maintenance staff meetings with DAS when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with funeral ministry reception committee.
- Updates and revises all “How to Use or Do” instruction sheets and kitchen contracts. Keeps taped up signs to a minimum or none.
- Explains and demonstrates work methods to train volunteers or paid personnel in proper use of equipment, sanitary standards, and safety.
- Supervises use and cleaning of church linens.
- Approves requests for kitchen use and meets with and instructs any groups using the kitchen facilities. Obtains a signed Kitchen Responsibility Form after use.
- All other duties as assigned from time to time.
Minimum Level of Education/Qualifications/Training Required
- Food Manager Certification or equivalent training required.
- Experience with managing volunteers is preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense when carrying out instructions furnished in written or oral form, anticipating next step of the process or project.
- Ability to change priorities positively and efficiently, as needed, and complete tasks within reasonable timeframes.
- Able to multi-task efficiently and accurately.
- Consistently maintain acceptable performance standards
- Must have completed Safeguarding All God’s Family training
Minimum Experience Required
- Two years of kitchen experience or equivalent in education is required.
- Working experience in a church or faith-based setting is preferred.
Hourly; Appropriate to experience
Start Date: 2022-09-01; Part-Time
Location: St. John Vianney, Brookfield
E-mail cover letter, resume, and Archdiocese application to Robb Lied, [email protected]